Beginners Punch Needle Workshop - Central Scotland (SUNDAY 17th FEB)
This product is currently sold out.
NEW DATE! The first class sold out- here's another date:
Sunday 17th February 2019
Spend the afternoon at Biscuit HQ learning some new skills with Nikki McWilliams!
Punch Needle is my new favourite craft- it's just like colouring in, but with yarn!
In this 2.5 hour workshop, I'll teach you everything you need to know to get started with Punch Needle Embroidery. It's super satisfying- you'll be hooked in no time!
- The best materials to use and where you can find these
- Stretching your cloth onto a frame
- Making your own needle threader
- Applying your design
- Using the Adjustable Punch Needle for varying loops & finishes
- Sealing your finished piece
- Your own Adjustable Punch Needle (worth £8.50) to keep
- Your own small wooden stretching frame (worth £5) to keep
- Your own handmade needle threader to keep
- Yarn to use on the day
- Hessian Cloth to use on the day
- Tea, Coffee and snacks to fuel our creativity!
Whether you have an idea for a Punch needle design, or you fancy trying one of my templates, I'll be on hand to guide you through the process from start to finish.
All materials and tools are provided, with Nikki being on hand to guide you through the creative process. The workshop covers creating one punch needle design on the small frame (20 x 20cm) provided (which could then be used to make a wall hanging, cushion or a little rug in your own time- the possibilities are endless!)
Classes are limited to 10 spaces so please be quick if you would like to book.
When: Sunday 17th February 2019 / 12 - 2.30pm / 2018
Where: Our Alloa (Central Scotland) Workshop Space (address details sent on booking)
Age range: 12+ (Under 16's must be accompanied by a participating adult)
Extras: A selection of delicious tea, coffee and snacks to fuel your creativity!
CAR - Alloa is around 35 mins drive from Edinburgh and Glasgow
TRAIN - Alloa is well connected to all major Scottish rail routes. The station is a 5 minute walk from us.
Accessibility: At the moment our space is accessed by stairs. This unfortunately means that our workshop is not wheelchair accessible.